SUN: Vexercise 4 (Side Characters Vid) due by end of day.
- Definition of Transcultural fan studies, (Chin & Morimoto? Something shorter?)
- Reading on Fan Video as Transcultural (might have to write this)
- Short piece (fan meta) on AU vids or meta vids?
TUES 10.30-11.30: Class Zoom (Reading Discussion, Vexercise 4 Debrief, Looking ahead to Vexercise 5: Genre Mashing/Alternative Universe vid or multi/meta vid–please note! Due Thursday, not Wednesday!)
TUES 11.30-12.30: Screening: Vexercise 4 & discussion, + curated show of genre/AUs & multi/meta vids
WED 10.30-11.30 Class Zoom: Discuss Screenings + Readings, Vex 5 questions arising?
- Mizuko Ito, “’As Long as It’s Not Linkin Park Z ‘: Popularity, Distinction, and Status in the AMV Subculture”
- Vidding: A History (Videlicit)
THUR 10.30-11.30 Class Zoom (Vidding Support! Reading Discussion, short screening of inspiration vids, Looking ahead to Vexercise 6 The Final Vexercise-Free Vid (Rough draft due the coming Tuesday)
THUR (by end of day): Vexercise 5 (genre mashing/AU or meta/multi vid) due
FRI: Reading & Screening Connection discussion on Slack… AND start working on your final Vexercise!